Hello hungry peoples,
A pear and walnut salad with some stinky cheese is a classic salad. I love it so hard but like anything I cook I have to mess with it. I am not a huge fan of walnuts so decided to go with pecans. Why use nuts when you can use candied nuts??? Specifically maple syrup candied pecans. I also like to use Gorgonzola cheese as I love a stinky cheese but it can easily be replaced by something less obnoxious such as a Parmesan. The final flourish of some sticky balsamic vinegar is the perfect addition for this tasty salad.
Pear, Candied Pecan and Gorgonzola Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 serve
Calories per serving: 1198
- 1 pear
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 100 g gorgonzola
- 2 cups mixed green leaves
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sticky balsamic dressing
- Put the 2 tbsp of maple syrup in a saucepan on a medium heat.
- When it starts to get hot and liquidy, add the 1/2 cup of pecans and give it a good stir.
- Cook for another minute, stirring often to toast the pecans.
- Finely slice 1 pear.
- Place the two cups of mixed greens on a plate. Top with pear slices, the pecans, and the 100 g of Gorgonzola crumbled up.
- Drizzle sticky balsamic on top and dig in.
Difficulty: Easy peasy