Hello hungry peoples,
This cocktail is inspired by one I enjoyed on a comedy cruise out of Sydney. I have long sworn off boats, after I used to get paid to work on them. The concept of paying someone else for the privilidge of extreme motion sickness seems insane to me. I thought I would literally test the waters by sailing out of Sydney for three days. I can handle three days, even if it turns into a vomitous extravaganza! It turned out that there was not a single wave and I was more in danger of extreme over indulgence.
This cocktail is great in that it is super easy to make. It doesn’t require a sugar syrup like most cocktails, and it is dangerously non-alcoholic tasting. Trust me though…… it is there and you will get kablammo-ed if you over do it. It is even low calorie. More by accident than intent like most of the things I make. Let’s get into it!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Calories per serving: 192
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 shot white rum (bacardi)
- 1 cup alcoholic ginger beer
- Ice cubes
Tools: Cocktail shaker
- Place the 10 mint leaves into the bottom of the cocktail shaker and muddle it/squash it a bit.
- Slice the lime, squeeze each quarter into a cocktail shaker and add the remainder.
- Add the 1 shot of rum.
- Lastly add the ice and ginger beer.
- Gently mix your conction. You don’t want to vigirously shake it because of the bubbly ginger beer which will explode on you. Take it easy man!
- Pour into a high glass and drink. Salut!
Difficulty: Easy peasy