Hello hungry peoples,
I love a good curry but my lack of a tandoor makes my side dishes pretty sad. This dish is the perfect one pan solution. They are crispy, spicy and contain enough vegetables to hide a multitude of sins. You can also replace the butter with ghee for an even more authentic experience. Let’s get into it!
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 side serves
Calories per serving: 645
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili
- 2 tbsp salt
- Parboil the potatoes, chopped into chunks, in salted water. Drain.
- Put the olive oil and butter in a frypan on a medium heat and fry the potatoes until golden. Be generous with the butter as it makes it delicious!
- While the potatoes are cooking add the 1 tsp turmeric and 1/2 tsp of chili.
- Once the potatoes are looking pretty cooked, add the mustard seeds and mixed vegetables. Season as needed.
- Serve with something spicy (I like it with tandoori chicken). That’s it, you’re done!
Difficulty: Easy peasy
One Comment Add yours
Thanks, Karen, for sharing this recipe. I love spuds and curry!